17 December 2009

Busy Weeks

It came time for the busiest few weeks of my life. I was trying to take finals, Christmas shop, pack up my room, get ready for cleaning checks, pack for Christmas in Park city, wedding in Portland, honeymoon in Mexico, and reception in South Carolina, while I was trying to study and take five finals. Somehow I managed to get everything done. I met my family in Park City for Christmas. The day after Christmas, we all flew to Portland for the wedding.
I was endowed on the 27th and it was a really good experience for me(Besides the fact that I was an hour late).I heard that you don’t get much out of going through the temple for your first time, but I really did. Nick’s entire family was in there but only my parents were allowed in. There were so many important and wonderful things I felt that day but probably not things I should write about.






















The next day we had a family dinner. It was so nice and so good! It was in a Relief Society room of a church building and catered. Everyone was in Sunday dress. There was a special little program featuring the Music Man. All of the siblings went around the room and told memories about the Nick and me. I don’t remember most of what was said! This is exactly the reason I wish I had written everything down sooner. I only remember Madison talking about the club and Halston talking about the time everyone was screaming(that’s another long story). I can't rememberanything that was said about Nick! My mom had brought with her a time capsule I made while in young womens. In the time capsule was a list of names for children, the temple I was going to get married in, the dress I was going to get married in (it was cut out of a magazine and was inappropriate and I had used a pen to make it modest), and a list of the qualities I wanted in a husband. It was funny how Nick actually fit all of the qualities I had listed. Even the silly ones like he had to be tall and have straight white teeth. Anyway, Nick had a bachelor’s party that night. It was a basketball party with my brothers, his brothers, and Brian. I made him promise not to get a black eye. I went back to the hotel to get my beauty rest since I had to be up at six the next morning to get my hair done.

No comments:

Post a Comment