30 December 2009

Back Together

I finally realized that he was never going to ask a girl out and that it was impossible for me to move on with the option of us getting back together. So, I decided that I had to shut the door. If we were not back together by the next weekend, I was going to shut the door on him and never get back together with him. I could not move on with the hope that I was placing on us getting back together (I know I am obsessed with deadlines). I did not tell Nick the deadline but I may have had Amy mention it to him. Anyway, Nick called and asked me out on a date that was about two weeks away and I told him no, that two weeks away was not going to work. I told him the only time that would work was this coming weekend. He said this weekend wouldn’t work for him and I just said “that’s too bad.” I guess some rotten girl had asked him out for Saturday night to go to a Volleyball game. Ugh. Anyway, Nick arranged to leave the volleyball game early to go out with me (take that you stupid volleyball girl). Anyway, we went on a date and did not discuss our relationship at all. Nick pulls into my parking garage and I finally ask him if he thinks we are back together. He answers by saying that he thought so. I couldn’t believe that he was just going to assume we were back together without some big discussion about our feelings. So, I made his discuss “feelings” with me. He acknowledged that he had not asked any other girls out because really he just didn’t want to. He only wanted to ask me out and it seemed pointless to ask another girl out when he didn’t want to. I liked that. We also acknowledged the fact that we saw each other as potential husband and wife but we wanted to date longer before we made any decisions.
Although the two month break up time was so hard for me, I do not think that we would have ever gotten married without it. It was the separation that allowed us to really realize our feelings for each other.
The next semester was just perfect. Our relationship was so much better this time around. The things I had problems with from before the break up seemed to disappear and I was really falling for Nick. I remember one special date we had. Nick bought tickets to see “Joseph and the Technicolor Coat” at a nice theatre in Salt Lake. When he came to pick me up he had super-cleaned his car and was all dressed up. We went out to eat before the show.

The semester was coming to an end, I knew we were going to have to have another talk. We were both going to work in the summer and Nick had plans to go to Oregon while I went to South Carolina. I did not want to maintain a long distance relationship if he did not feel that our relationship had real potential. So, we had another discussion where we agreed that our relationship was leading somewhere and it was worth saving through the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment