30 December 2009

Dating


And so things were going great from there. We were officially in a relationship. I know we never really had a DTR but I remember something was said to make it known that we considered ourselves a couple. I remember we usually liked to watch movies or TV every night. Sometimes we would go out and do things: divine comedy, dinner, corn maze, pirate cruise, dollar movies, etc. We would sometimes cook dinner together or make desserts. Somewhere during this time, our roommates starting dating…Amy and Brandon. We would often hang out with them. Things were going so well in my mind. I was dating a guy that I actually liked. There were good things and bad things to the relationship though. I liked that he was such a good person and never got angry. I loved that I could be myself with him and that we could have fun just being in each other’s company. I didn’t feel the need to tap dance to entertain him. However, I didn’t like that he rarely complimented me and seemed so indifferent about everything. During this time I was preparing to leave for Romania. Sure, I was sad that I actually found a guy I liked and that I was going to have to leave. However, it was not going to stop me from going. As the semester came to an end I really did not feel good about going to Romania. I know that nobody believed me and probably still don't believe me, but my decision not to go to Romania had nothing to do with Nick. I was not going to give up such an opportunity for a guy that I had known for three months. So, I cancelled my arrangements to go to Romania and made arrangements to keep living in my apartment. Shortly after my announcement not to go, things began to get weird. I felt something weird going on with Nick. He seemed distant. I knew he was going to break up with me. The last day I was in Utah before going home for Christmas break was miserable. I wasn’t leaving until that night and all of my roommates had already left. Usually after church every Sunday, Nick and I would hang out. I especially thought we would since we would not being seeing each other for the next two weeks. But Nick wasn’t calling. He did call about an hour before I was supposed to leave and asked if he could stop by to give me a present. Even though I was mad at this point and wanted to tell him no, I agreed. After all, I did have a present for him too. He stopped by, we exchanged gifts, he barely looked at me, barely kissed me, and left. I knew that we were over.

No comments:

Post a Comment