30 December 2009

Great Buddies


So from that point I just considered us great buddies. We were seeing each other one way or another every single day. We watched movies, walked home together, I invited him over to eat snow cones from my snow cone maker, etc. He didn’t ask me out on an official date and he did not hold my hand or put him arm around me or even poke me. Oh we were such great buddies. I remember talking all of this over with my roommate Amy and she was convinced that he liked me but I was not. If he liked me he would show some kind of affection. I am probably making this sound like it went on for years. At this point, we had known each other for probably a month. Again, this behavior was not what I was used to. If a guy liked you, you would at least be holding hands on the first date. One night Nick was trying to teach me to shoot rubber bands. We were shooting them around the room and running after them. Once, we both went to pick up the same rubber band and our hands touched. Nick flinched and dropped the rubber band and pretty much put his hand behind his back. I must have had cooties.


I remember the first night that I realized we might be more than just great buddies. We were at his house watching a movie. We were sitting close enough that our shoulders were kind of touching. I was trying to decide if shoulders touching meant true love when I noticed his hand get closer to mine. This means that it went from being a foot away to about ten inches away. I pretended to watch the movie but really out of the corner of my eye I was watching the hand to see if it would get closer. It did. Every few minutes it would move like an inch…until it was about an inch away. It seemed to be stuck there. I almost felt sorry for him and decided that maybe he was trying to hold my hand and decided to apply the Hitch 90/10 rule. This rule was meant for kissing…the guy goes 90% of the way and lets the girl go the other 10%. In other words, I just grabbed his hand. Probably one of the more aggressive things I have done. After holding hands for a few seconds he just said, “ I have a big hand.” I told him it was just fine. A few minutes later Brian walked in and I remember he just stared at the fact that we were holding hands. In my mind Nick wanted to throw my hand and then kick me out of the house. But he didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment